Take ESL Classes with the University of Utah
The English Language Institute (ELI) at the University of Utah is now registering students for evening English as a Second Language (ESL) courses for Spring 2021. These courses are provided at a greatly reduced cost.
Who Can Take These Classes?
- Students who do not need to maintain a student visa.
- The courses are for beginning and intermediate English speakers. Students will take a placement test to determine the best class for them.
- Highly qualified ELI instructors will teach English grammar, reading, listening, speaking, and writing.
- Each course will include in-person and online instruction. Masks and social distancing will be maintained at all times in the classrooms.
- A limited number of laptops will be available for students to check out during the semester.
Classes will be held at the English Language Institute in Research Park near the University of Utah:
540 Arapeen Dr. Room 115
Salt Lake City, Utah.
Each session will meet Monday through Thursday from 4:30 - 5:30 PM.
Tuition is $240* and includes 8 weeks of classes and all textbook fees.
*There is an additional one-time placement test fee of $50
- Session Dates:
- January 19 - March 12, 2021 (Full)
- March 15 – May 6, 2021 (Full)
- May 17 - July 19, 2021 (Accepting Registrations)
*Registration must be received by May 11, 2021, for consideration
Questions? Call the ELI office at 801-581-4600 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org